ikebana and life in japan

a blog about ikebana and life in japan

10/15/14

Zoukei Ikebana with Dirt and Glue






Zoukei Exhibit
Judges Prize
Dirt and glue on Styrofoam base

On September 12-13, 2014, I took part in the 23rd Annual Aomori Zoukei Exhibition. Zoukei ikebana is a totally free form of ikebana where anything can be used to make a sculptural arrangement. This was my forth time to participate in the exhibition.  

Professor Yokohigashi was the judge, along with Rijicho, the current headmaster’s mother. The Professor and Rijicho both congratulated me on my work and said it was very powerful and had a strong impact. They especially liked the natural cracking of the dirt as it dried. I thought the cracking was a nice contrast with the curved shape of the piece.

I was so excited and honored to receive the prize! I’m already looking forward to next year’s exhibition.




A different angle of the work.




Here you can see how large it is.




Judges Prize 




My certificate and prize!




1 comment:

Rebound said...

Group admins can invalidate a link to a chat if they want to, but Wildon says he discovered that, in those situations, WhatsApp only generates
Profile
Used Laptop
Cupang
Goblog
Wallpaper